Chai Shai Chaishai with me
Foods

Washington declared a powerhouse for blueberries by WSDA

Washington, (Qnnflash) – Washington state has solidified its position as a global leader in blueberry production, marking itself as a key player in this industry.

The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) highlights the thriving blueberry sector in the region. The state’s blueberry production reached an impressive 180 million pounds in 2021. Adding to this tally, Oregon contributed an additional 150 million pounds to the overall harvest. Remarkably, these two states collectively account for a whopping 95% of the world’s blueberry output. For those interested in farming or cultivating these delectable berries, Washington state offers an ideal environment. The WSDA notes that the required soil conditions for blueberry cultivation in both the western and eastern parts of the state are described as “slightly acidic and damp yet well-drained.” Presently, the distribution of cultivation is divided, with 55% occurring in the western region and the remaining 45% in the eastern part.

Engaging in blueberry picking is a family-friendly endeavor, and Washington boasts a plethora of over 25 farms open to visitors. A selection of farms in the King County area includes Pearson’s Bees and Berries in Renton, Larsen Lake in Bellevue, and Canter-Berry in Auburn, among others.

Pearson’s Bees and Berries in Renton operates on an appointment-only basis.

Larsen Lake in Bellevue welcomes visitors from March through September, Wednesday to Saturday, between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Canter-Berry in Auburn opens its doors at 8 a.m. daily. Visitors are advised to check the website after 6:30 p.m. each day for the next day’s availability.

With blueberries now in season, there’s no better time to embark on blueberry-picking adventures and incorporate these flavorful gems into a variety of delightful treats.

For More Information :

https://www.king5.com/article/life/food/washington-powerhouse-blueberries-usda/281-84e9599e-eae1-48de-bd54-e47f18da4d61

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button